Loft Conversions & Extension Specialists

What if we’re in a Conservation Area?

If you live in a conservation area, the council may not allow you to have a large rear dormer, but they will let you have a mansard or a combination of Velux roof windows and small dormers.

Here we will need to submit drawings for approval, so it pays to use a company that knows all the local planning departments and has experience with each council and what they accept. Because be assured, they are all different.

Googling your council and conservation areas in the first instance will give you an initial indication of your position, then talk to us so we can make the best of your available options.

Dormers for conservation areas

Dormers in conservation areas tend to be smaller and not full width or full depth. Some also are required to be leaded to give an attractive more traditional finish on the outside.

We will be able to help you decide what is best and the architect design will guide you through the process with our knowledge of the area you are in.

Related Posts

Some reassuring facts

  • Most lofts are suitable, sometimes even with a low ridge
  • Planning permission isn’t always needed and we can start quickly without a waiting list
  • We will help and guide you with party wall agreements
  • There’s a 10-year guarantee
  • We don’t have lots of separate sub contracted teams
  • We have a centrally run project management system with many years of experience
  • We provide a single dedicated project manager, for the entire project
  • We work fast and the work wil be completed before you know it